Sunday 24 April 2022

April Update

Wow, it has been a while since I updated on here!

In between a skiing holiday, a bout of Covid after the skiing holiday and taking advantage of the nice weather to get out and do some walking and seeing friends, the modelling progress has dropped off a bit recently.

So what have I actually been able to do?

Well I've been doing a lot of building and priming largely. Of particular note are these Jordanian M48 tanks which have been heavily converted from Skytrex M48A1s to model the cupola-less turrets and the rear mounted external fuel tanks these vehicles had in Jordanian service. The rear fuel decks were scratch built out of Plasticard and spare fuel tanks from PSC M3 Stuarts, while the top hatch is from Battlefront Centurion tanks with a .50 cal MG and mount from an old Battlefront Sherman kit and an M113 respectively.

In addition, I've build other stuff, here you can see my Jordanian M47 and M48 tanks, Saladin Amoured Cars, Jeeps mounting 106mm Recoilless Rifles and there are also some M113s (built last year) to be airbrushed as well just off shot. In addition, I have the start of my new Tunisian German force with 6 Panzer III and 3 Panzer IV. These are Battlefront and despite the good quality are from the excellent value new Kasserine set. Finally there is a Wizard character, who I picked up out the bargain bin at Battlefield Hobbies as a test piece for the new Army Painter Speed Paints (I also picked up the Mega Set while I was there).

 
Here we have 10 wooden barrels, which I have finished for the railway. In the background you can see some crates and wool bales, which I still need to finish. All of these are from Skytrex.

 

Finally, I attended the Corrivalry Flames of War event at Battlefield Hobbies at the start of this month. I had a good time, coming 8th out of 20 overall. I also won Best Painted Army for my British Armour, who you can see below. 



No comments:

Post a Comment