Monday 13 April 2020

The Curse of Nurgle hits the Underhive

Hi people,
I've taken the opportunity this easter to catch up on some painting. This has resulted in a couple of projects being completed. One of these is these 3 Plague Marines. These are the classic plastic monopose sculpts from the late 90s, and were donated by my friend Richard. I have decided I will add them to the Necromunda collection, as aliens. I'm thinking of acquiring some Chaos Cultists as well, which would give me a nice Chaos Cult to base the Purge scenario around.

These models were useful as they gave me a chance to practice rust effects and wash streaking. I think they have come out really well.


As I had some time off, and was penned up indoors, I also took the opportunity to do something I've wanted to do for a while, set up all the Necromunda scenary and have a photoshoot. I don't feel that some of my photos have done justice to the models, so I set up a few shots, and captured some photos.

Mad Donna fends off another Bounty Hunter.

Wyrd Beastmaster unleases his pets on an unfortunate Pit Slave

Hired Gun, Bounty Hunter and Telekenetic Wyrd

Van Saars are catch in a crossfire by the Escher

Escher dig in behind hard cover

Van Saars spring a surprise attack, with their hired allies.

Chaos lurks in the shadows

The Escher leader orders more bodies into the fray
Bounty Hunter lines up a shot to stem the oncoming tide of Escher Gangers

The Van Saar are hard pressed

The Van Saar Heavy is caught in the open by two Juves


Pyromaniac Wyrd prepares to greet the Escher attack.....with fire!

The battle for the bridge will be bitter.


More Esher reserves pile into the fight

 Escher Heavy scans for targets

Some of the additional scenic bits I've painted.



The Esher firebase

And the Van Saar tower.

Supported by the elevator tower




No comments:

Post a Comment