Saturday 4 January 2020

Christmas Grind

So the Christmas holidays have been and gone, but I did manage to get some stuff painted.

Firstly, was an experiment with the new GW contrast paints. I've been sat looking at the Zombicide zombies for a while. With the help of my friend Chris we managed to get these 64 models basecoated in about 5 hours. It probably took me 3-4 hours of basing and adding detail the next day to finish them but that's a pretty good output. They look pretty good as can be seen below.


So what do I think of the new contrast paints? All in all pretty good, they help with the speed of production. However, I've found some colours have great coverage (like the reds) while others require additional costs, and aren't as good. They are useful for basecoating and i'm considering picking up a few, however they are not a magic 'one coat solves all problems' that I have heard from elsewhere.

Next up, I got the dork tower survivor expansion from Zombicide for Christmas. I was able to finish them off as well in a cartoon style, which fits the sculpts. You'll notice that I didn't use any metallics on these, to fit this style.


Finally is an interesting side project. I was able to find my old train set in the loft. In there was a Lima wagon with bare blue plastic which stood out from the other Hornby rolling stock. To blend this in I masked this off and sprayed the interior. I then weathered the wagon, and it now looks much better.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete